Do What Your Brain Says

Thursday, January 20, 2011 21:20 Posted by leosaumure
Weta

This morning, just before heading off to work, I found a weta in the house. For those who don't know, a weta is a huge frigging bug that looks like a cross between a grasshopper and the Incredible Hulk (click on the picture on the left to get a good close up of this atrocity).

As I was just about to leave for work, I was wearing my shades and was tidying up the dining room table. I grabbed a couple of things, some of which I thought was trash. so I picked it up.

Within a split second, here is the conversation that went on between my brain and my body.

Brain: "ummm...this doesn't feel right."
Body: "hmmmm? What?"
Brain: "Uh...whatever you're holding, its moving."
Body: "Its what?"
Brain: "Drop it you idiot!"
Eyes: "Let me see what all of this is ...HOLY SHIT! What the hell is that?!?!"
Body: "Dear sweet Jebus, its eating my hand!"
Brain: "DROP IT!"
Body: "OK!"

[a second after I had actually dropped it}

Brain: "You all right?"
Body: *shudder*
Brain: "Seriously, you ok?"
Body: *shudder*

4 Response to "Do What Your Brain Says"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    How the hell did this get in the house? Me thinks you gotta seal up the house. OMG don't eat anything in the house with your shades on. You must fully examine your plate to ensure nothing is flipping around. "A date? Why is there a date on my salad? Ahhhh! That's not a date! It's a cockroach!!"

    Get the picture?

    Anita

  2. Marci Scharle Says:

    omg - I'll take our snow any day...
    Marci :-)

  3. leosaumure Says:

    Let me be clear. I don't have to shovel a driveway full of wetas. 30cm of wetas doesn't fall from the sky in a single day.

  4. Cynthia Bilodeau Says:

    that's hilarious Leo! We have our share of BIG bugs here too!

Post a Comment