Bunny Rescue 911

Monday, November 01, 2010 09:59 Posted by leosaumure
House Bunny
As today is my day off, I walked into work with Kristie for some exercise.  On the way back home, I was nearing the entrance to Trelissick Park, when I saw a little white bunny hopping around.  She looked very much like Maple, our house rabbit back in Canada.  She was pure white, except for a little bit of dust on her paws and butt, she had a fair sized dulap, and seemed quite tame.

Upon first seeing her, I thought she might be a wild rabbit, but she looked too big compared to the wild rabbits that I've seen here.  Not to mention that the rabbits here are incredibly timid.  You'd be lucky to get within 300 metres of one.  So, I squatted down, made some kissie noises to attract her, and offered her a handful of grass.

She started to come over and I was able to reach out and pet her, so I knew she must be someone's pet.  I was afraid that she might hop out into the road, and I was going to start door knocking when a neighbour of the bunny's owner came and showed me which house she lived in, as well as knocked on the door to tell the owner that the rabbit was out of the yard.

Apparently she is a free ranging rabbit, who has a pen in her yard, and I guess with all of the trick-or-treaters yesterday, she got out.

Needless to say, the owner was quite happy, and I made a new fuzzy friend.

1 Response to "Bunny Rescue 911"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wow they started Trick or Treating there!!? Awesome!! The spirit of Halloween lives on in the southern hemisphere 'cos the kids in the northern are lazy and just go to the mall to T&T. PS. I'm glad the bunny was ok. Good how you worked out it wasn't a wild one! -- Anita

Post a Comment