More Exercise Means More Laundry

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 17:58 Posted by leosaumure
Since coming to New Zealand, Kristie and I have endeavored to get into a healthier lifestyle.  We take the dogs for a long walk every day, in the winters we try to do a morning run 3-4 times a week, and now that spring has sprung we've switched to walking into work 3-4 times a week.  I posted about our walks to work in an earlier blog posting.  All in all we are loving the healthy lifestyle.  I am absolutely enthralled with walking into work now too, as the views are spectacular, and I just love being out in the sun.

We're getting tonnes of exercise, gobs of sunshine, plenty of time together as a couple, so you might say that I would have nothing to complain about.  Well, you might say that, if you didn't know me that is.  What on earth could I complain about with all this goodness that I am enjoying?  Bottom line: I sweat like Richard Nixon on camera!

I have always been a profuse sweater; even a leisurely walk in cool weather can cause me to perspire a large amount.  So morning runs, long walks wearing a backpack, etc. make me absolutely drenched.  And its not like you can just leave them out for a few minutes to dry and they'll be fresh as a daisy; no-no-no..these things are sopping wet!  The only thing that would allow these garments to be worn again is a run through a washing machine and a line dry.

This means that I'm going through a lot more laundry now than when I'm inactive.  I go through three pair of underwear a day for god's sake!  Three!  Today for instance, I'm on my third pair of underwear, third pair of shorts/pants, third shirt. and second pair of socks.

Added to this is the fact that I now have one less day a week to tend to laundry and such.  I use to only work three days a week, and now I'm up to four, so that is one less day per week to get caught up on the chores.  Oh well, leave it to me to take a silver lining and stuff a dark cloud into it!

3 Response to "More Exercise Means More Laundry"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    it must be difficult walking to work with your sweating problem. I hope you have a shower at work that you can use.
    Enjoy your walks and keep fit, do a little extra for me because I am terrible at it.

    Jacquie

  2. leosaumure Says:

    Unfortunately, we don't have a shower at work. I have about an hour before anyone else gets into work, so I get a bit of time to cool down, and then I go to the bathroom to sponge off and add tonnes of deodorant.

  3. Anonymous Says:

    Botox injections at the sweaty sites - look into it - it may help you

Post a Comment