In Search of a Full Night's Sleep

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 08:00 Posted by leosaumure
I have to go pee.
I don't know if I've discussed this before, but every now and then Angus gets on a kick that gets him up in the middle of the night, and in turn gets me up in the middle of the night.

The scenario is like this: We've gone to bed at our regular time, after a day of regular things, and in the middle of a sound sleep, usually around 2:00 am or so, he jumps out of bed and starts scratching at the bed.
Angus: Pst....Leo....I have to go pee.
Me: Not right now, go back to bed...
Angus: Leeeeeeeeooooooooooo....I have to go pee!
There is no arguing with this guy either.  Once he has something in his head, he won't stop until he gets his way.  This usually goes on for a two or three nights, and then it is back to sleeping through the whole night.  There is no accounting for when it will happen either.  We pretty much follow the same routine every work day:

  1. Get home
  2. Walk Dogs
  3. Make Dinner
  4. Feed Dogs
  5. Play with Dogs
  6. Take Dogs for Bathroom Break
  7. Go to Bed

On the days when Angus does get up, he'll sometimes throw in a twist here and there by getting a nice long drink, or instead of taking a quick pee, he'll sniff around for a few minutes before peeing.

What I don't get is he can last an entire work day without having to go, why can't he last through the night?

Bottom line is for three nights out of the month, I'm pretty tired and grumpy.

2 Response to "In Search of a Full Night's Sleep"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    SERIOUSLY????? Oh MY GOD! I haven't slept through the night in 3 damn years!!!!! 3! 3!!!!!!! And I'm not talking about getting up once, I'm talking multiple times a night. You get no sympathy from me Mister cantle handle a little bit of a disturbed sleep! Where's my stick! -Bev!

  2. leosaumure Says:

    I'm not saying I've got it harder than you, but...
    huh...I really got nothing here.

Post a Comment